Friday, March 23, 2012

To an Early Grave

"if only if only the woodpecker sighs
the bark on the tree was as soft as the skies
the wolf waits below hungry and lonely
and cries to the moon if only if only"

I'll be honest with you, I wasnt much of a reader in grade school. I distinctly remember falling out of love with reading around fourth grade, most likely after the magic treehouse books went triple digits. I was nothing like I am now.

The bad thing about this is now I have to hide my shame as I conceal grade school books behind newspapers. The Harry Potter books were not as disappointing (because every ten year old was positive they were a wizard.) I needed some catching up to do.

The good thing that came out of it was that the little books I did read had a great impression on me. I read everything Kate Dicamillo wrote. I reread a book about dogs that Avi wrote (for now the name escapes me).

And I read Louis Sachar. Holes was one of those childhood books that I held close to my heart. So thanks to all of you sixth grade writers, to you I will owe an early death of over reading and under moving.

Aryion

No comments:

Post a Comment