Friday, March 16, 2012

Hit the Target

"Affix to the bow the sharp arrow of devotional worship; then, with mind absorbed and heart melted in love, draw the arrow and hit the mark-- the imperishable Absolute." -- Mundaka Upanishad


This quotation is a pretty personal one... in that it means so much to me and it is one of those forces in my head when I go to do anything in my life. Its funny, because I've always been drawn to archery-- like super drawn. As a kid, it was my dream to be a bow-and-arrow slingin' bandit. Then, when I was 11 or so and the Lord of the Rings movie came out... and you can imagine, all I wanted to be was Legolas! Its just always been apart of me... so that idea, the concept of archery as a mental and physical concentration melded with the idea of truth, the Absolute, is really appealing to me. especially since my sister wrote it on my 18th birthday card...

enjoy!

-Abigayel

No comments:

Post a Comment