Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Peter Pan- a Shadow of Youth

I was first introduced to Peter Pan visually. I saw the Disney movie when I was little. So little, in fact, that I don't quite remember the age. It is just ingrained in my memory like I had lived it. It was only recently that I read the book and I HIGHLY suggest it. It reads just as I would imagine a Disney movie would. Innocent. It has child-like wonder with a kind of obsession with youth. The art of the first movie, though it isn't my favorite (totally love Mary Blair 'Alice in Wonderland' concept art), is impressive with the idea that it was animated in the 50's.

"Do you know, why swallows build in the eaves of houses? It is to listen to the stories."
J.M. Barrie always makes me want to climb trees and fight with wooden swords. 

Next- Abigayel's introduction!

Until then, leave your window open. Peter Pan has a habit of coming in unannounced.

Aryion

No comments:

Post a Comment