Sunday, March 18, 2012

Searching for Sameness

I've been feeling odd recently. Not quite cynical but hovering very close to the edge of it, maybe even a little sad. All the things that are so important to me, all the things that I think define me; my choice in music, my clothes, the things that I love, it seems like everyone else loves them too. I don't know, I just feel.... weird. Everyone in our generation seems to be desperate to be singled out and yet to connect with someone. It's always been like that for everybody forever, it's just that these social medias make the magnitude unfathomable.

I can't explain it.

I guess I'm just feeling like this because I never really thought about the reason why I love these things, why I rave about them to friends and why I have the logo screenprinted to my shirt. I'm the same as everyone else in my generation.

I don't know why it saddens me. (Maybe it's because what defines me no longer carries meaning anymore?)

"We are a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."- Dr. Seuss


The quote kinds of sums up what I've been feeling upon this revelation. The thought of 'mutual weirdness' charms me. Sorry to bum any of your readers out, just felt like typing my thoughts on something.

Does 'be yourself' sound too cliche?
Aryion

No comments:

Post a Comment