Thursday, March 15, 2012

Abarat (Also Known as: Abarat)

"Perhaps a wiser eye than hers would be able to read tomorrow in tonight's stars, but where was the fun in that? It was better not to know." - Clive Barker

I don't remember a lot of kids talking about this book. Whenever my friend turned to whisper it was always 'You read the Harry Potter book, right?' or they begin raving about the Shades in Eragon.

Now don't get me wrong, I love those books. But I did read something about islands that were hours and a magical world that is as well described as it is odd.
I practically blew the dust off if Abarat earlier this morning to rediscover that magic of fifth grade again.
I suggest you read it even if youre older; the style is actually rather adult. But please read it.

Maybe we could all be like Candy one day,

Aryion

No comments:

Post a Comment