Monday, March 12, 2012

The End of the Book

"She had blue skin
And so did he.
He kept it hid
And so did she.
They searched for blue
Their whole life through,
Then passed right by-
And never knew"- Shel Silverstien

I love simplicity. Children's books, to me, are like the simplified answers to the world, forgoing all the stupid complexity we build up around our lives. The language was simpler, so only the important stuff was needed. It's so sad he died before he could continue introducing truths to children.

Now for one of my favorites secrets that I didn't discover until I was older: the end of the book poem.

"The end of the book-
No use to look
For any more, my dear,
'cause if you try finding
Some more in the binding,
You may just...disappear."

Remember Grammar school!
Aryion

No comments:

Post a Comment