Wednesday, April 18, 2012

To be in Love with Yourself

"In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it's wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices."-Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat Pray Love

Before any judgmental notions pop into your brain let me tell you; this book is amazing. The writing is witty and very personal, and it is like we go on that journey of self-fulfillment with her. I feel that oftentimes we get lost trying to live in this world and sometimes we just need to pause and brush off the old spirituality once in a while. The stigma of popularity follows this book, and I myself thought it was one of those 'housewife' reads, but it was wonderful, and I am glad it is in my life now. Thank you, Elizabeth Gilbert. Thank you and thank you and thank you.

Abi, I feel like you'd really like this book and I may or may not be giving it to you the next time we meet.

Aryion

No comments:

Post a Comment